Client Rights and Responsibilities
It is the policy of Child & Family Services of Southwestern Michigan, Inc. to treat each client with dignity and respect to ensure the rights of all clients. This policy applies to all CFSSWMI employees, volunteers, and clients.
All CFSSWMI Clients have the Right:
- To be treated with dignity and respect in your home or at our facilities
- To have all information that you provide kept confidential unless otherwise required by law
- To be allowed the opportunity to review your records in the presence of the agency privacy officer
- To have an understanding of the services provided and to be involved in setting your service goals
- To have the option to refuse services, in whole or in part, and to discontinue at any time that you wish
- To not be discriminated against on the basis of color, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, nationality, marital status, sexual preference or handicapping conditions when receiving services
- To have the option of using the Client Grievance Procedure when dissatisfied with any service and receive staff assistance in doing so
All CFSSWMI Clients have the Responsibility:
- To provide accurate information about yourself and up-date the staff on changes in your address and phone number so we may reach you and maintain an accurate record
- To follow through with service plans and arrangements as agreeed
- If a mutual agreement on service goals and methods cannot be reached, you or we may terminate services
- To keep agreed appointment times
- If unclear, call and confirm
- If unable, give as much advance notice as possible
- To treat other clients and staff with dignity and respect.
- To refrain from bringing any weapon to CFSSWMI facilities or property
- CFSSWMI is a weapon free zone
- To refrain from smoking inside CFSSWMI facilities
- CFSSWMI is a smoke-free agency
- To pay for services received within 10 days of receiving your bill
- If paying by third party, provide CFSSWMI with the appropriate billing information.